Crispy mix Dal Dosas require no fermentation or gluten. You can have it as breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1) 1 cup broken white urad dal
2) 1 cup yellow split moong dal
3) ½ cup split green gram dal / split green moong dal
4) ½ cup orange masoor dal
1) Wash all dals together 3 -4 times with water until you see clear water.
2) Soak the dals with with 4 cups or more water enough to cover the dal and soak it. Cover the bowl with a lid and let it stand for 4-5 hours, best is overnight.
3) It will almost double in size after soaking.
4) Drain the water if in excess and grind the dal in small batches.
5) Grind well to form a smooth batter. Add a tablespoon or 2 water to aid grinding if necessary. The batter is pancake / medium cake batter consistency. Let the batter stand for 15 minutes and then the batter is ready for use.
6) Add salt just before making the dosas.
1) Heat the nonstick pan, once warm spread the dosa on medium heat, then increase the heat while cooking
2) Add ghee/ oil whatever preferred and cook until golden brown
3) Take it out once done, no need to cook on other side.
Crispy Dosa is ready to eat. Have this dosa with coconut chutney and sambhar.